Travis Perkins Apprenticeships: Level 2 Trade Supplier Apprenticeship
Our Level 2 Apprenticeships at Travis Perkins plc are designed for people new to the industry or business to develop their industry understanding, help them to learn about our products, and build great relationships with our customers.
Our Level 2 Trade Supplier Apprenticeship unlocks these learning opportunities and more. So if you are wondering if this Apprenticeship is worth it, read this blog to learn more about what you can expect and gain from this qualification:
What does a trade supplier apprentice do?
Our Apprentices are exposed to a wide range of responsibilities, and scenarios that develop essential customer service skills and knowledge needed to contribute to our business's success as well as their own.
Developing your knowledge
- Applying the key principles of administration and working practices to accurately prepare, store, communicate, and process business documentation.
- Processing information to the key standards of data protection, security, and intellectual property rights.
- Complying with legal requirements to minimize risk and build customer confidence.
Building your communication skills
- Communicating confidently to internal and external customers about the company and its operations.
- Identifying and communicating with the relevant person if a threat or risk to the business is identified.
- Identifying customer requirements and referring them onward in an appropriate manner.
Trade Counter and Telesales Services
- Delivering accurate product information to enable customers to make decisions on products and services and access detailed technical specifications when required.
- Securing a trade sale using appropriate selling techniques, both face-to-face and on the telephone, and methods to complete the transaction.
- Applying basic merchandising techniques used within the business.
- Applying the key principles of selling in a trade supplier environment, using various methods, including unique selling points, upselling, and link selling to secure and complete sales transactions.
Key Principles of Warehousing and Stock Control
- Processing and recording the receipt, storage, assembly, and despatch of goods.
- Receiving stock, dispatching customer orders, and processing returns following company processes.
- Loading/unloading supplier and contractor vehicles.
Technologies and IT Skills
- Using technology appropriately and efficiently in line with business policy, e.g., PoS (point of sale) machines, PCs.
- Demonstrating the use of various technologies, e.g., bespoke/in-house or off-the-shelf software packages to others.
What support will I receive on the Apprenticeship?
With over 1000 apprentices and 40+ Apprenticeship programmes and a range of workplace and training opportunities on offer, we are a great career destination, but can only help to build better communities and enhance lives by providing a wide development curriculum offering.
So we’ll provide you with the support you need to upskill and expand your knowledge. From dedicated 1-2-1 coaching, online learning, work shadowing, and natural on-the-job learning, we will equip you with the resources you need to succeed.
Hear from people who have completed the programme
Charlie, one of our colleagues, joined Travis Perkins through the Kickstart scheme, and through his Apprenticeship learning, now has the skills, knowledge, and behaviours to provide great customer service, be an active team member, boost team morale with his positive attitude, and encourage his colleagues to join an Apprenticeship programme.
Learn how Charlie’s life changed for the better when he was given the opportunity to do an Apprenticeship.
What can you do with a Level 2 Trade Supplier Apprenticeship?
This Apprenticeship is a great stepping stone into customer service-oriented career opportunities. With the ideal route being progressing into specialised, supervisory, and management roles within a trade business.
If you are at the start of your career and would like a clear progression path into a management role, we are always looking for team leaders who inspire, engage, and enable their people, and provide fresh thinking to define and develop our strategy. Plus, we will help you to get the skills and training you need to get there.
Not only that, Level 2 Apprenticeship opens doors to more advanced Apprenticeships, for example, you could pursue the Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship upon completion.
Unlock a career in customer service with Travis Perkins plc
We care, we give our best to be the best, and we’re better together at Travis Perkins plc. Are you ready to be part of a business that supports your learning and development, opens doors to new opportunities, and gives you the autonomy you need to figure out how to do things your way?
Sign Up to Posts Alert
Roles you may be interested in