We were the 1,500th organisation to sign the UK Armed Forces Covenant, a voluntary pledge which promises to treat those who serve or have served, and their families, fairly.
Proud to support & celebrate
As a major local employer, we were proud to sponsor Armed Forces Day in Northampton on Saturday 24th of June 2023.
We strive to uphold the key principles of our Armed Forces Covenant and Gold Award pledges by
- Promoting Travis Perkins plc as Armed Forces-friendly
- Endeavoring that no member of the Armed Forces Community faces disadvantages in their business dealings with us, and acknowledge that special treatment may be appropriate, especially for the injured or bereaved
- Recognising the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans, and military families bring to our business
- Encouraging partner organisations & suppliers to sign the Armed Forces Covenant
- Publishing the Armed Forces Covenant in our branches, stores & offices
- Celebrating the success of ex-forces and reservist colleagues both internally and externally
- Actively participating in Armed forces day, Reserves day and Remembrance Sunday
- Establishing a permanent place of reflection/remembrance at our head office
- Working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) to support the employment of service leavers and veterans through events, mentoring, work experience, and placements
- Building an internal network group for ex-forces and reservist colleagues
- Supporting ex-forces and reservist colleagues through training
- Enabling and supporting active reservist colleagues by accommodating training commitments (providing an additional 10 days paid leave per year) and during mobilisation
- Adopting a flexible approach to requests for leave from service spouses and partners before, during, and after operational deployment
- Seeking to support our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools by inviting them to our branch and store opening events and other youth engagement opportunities.
- Offering product discounts from some of our businesses to military personnel via the Defence Discount Service
- Raising funds and encouraging colleagues to volunteer for military charities including selling poppies in our Head Office for The Royal British Legion
We work with a number of different organisations, including the Careers Transition Partnership (CTP) and the Poppy Factory, to support both leavers of the Armed forces as they transition from military into civilian life and veterans with health conditions on their journey into employment. Some of our inspiring colleagues share their stories below.
We are also attending the following CTP Recruitment Fairs in 2023
- WEST MIDLANDS – 7th February 2023 - The International Centre, Telford
- NORTH WEST – 18th May 2023 - AJ Bell Stadium, Salford
- SOUTH WEST – 13th June 2023 - Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet
- SOUTH EAST – 6th July 2023 - Newmarket Racecourse, Newmarket
- EAST MIDLANDS – 9th November 2023 - Lincoln Showground, Lincoln
Former Infantryman Musa, was isolated and struggling with his mental health. He thought he would never have the confidence to work again. With employment support he found his feet in the world once more having taken up a position with BSS, close to his home in Coventry.
Business Assurance Manager Maria is an active member of the Army Cadet Force, supporting young cadets through training and adult volunteers who work within our businesses. She also represents the Travis Perkins Group from an employer engagement perspective with the Cadet Forces.Read More
Our Level 2 Apprenticeships at Travis Perkins plc are designed for colleagues new to the industry or business to develop your industry understanding, and help you learn about our products and how
Drive your career forward by getting behind the wheel of one of the UK’s largest fleets. At the Travis Perkins Group, we value Drivers - as skilled navigators, manoeuvres, custodians of great cus
Choosing your career path can seem like a big decision but it doesn’t have to be a scary one. We’ve broken down the types of people we are looking for by the different areas within the Travis
Our HGV Drivers are not only valued team members, they’re also skilled navigators, maneuverers, and the custodians of excellent customer service. We caught up with Dean, one of our HGV Drivers
Amber has been with us for two and a half years as a driver in our Fort William branch in Scotland. She became a mum for the first time in February 2022, so she shared with us how it has been
At Travis Perkins, we welcome individuals from all walks of life and pride ourselves in offering a culture-enriched foundation that makes our Group a great place to work. We’re taking a proactive sta
The Travis Perkins Group is a leading partner to the construction industry and the UK’s largest distributor of building materials. But behind the scenes, we’re so much more than that! With over 200 ye
Driving any vehicle takes a lot of care and attention, but an HGV (Heavy Goods Vehicle) or a Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) requires an extra level of consideration. To become an HGV or LGV driver, you’ll
During his 8 years with the Travis Perkins Group, Jamie has gained both office and yard experience, but around 6 years ago Jamie saw a driver job opportunity where he could really develop his skillset