Regional Sales Account Manager
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Welcome to BSS
You’ve probably never heard of BSS but you'll certainly know some of our work. As the UK’s largest and leading distributor of pipeline and heating products, we’re at the heart of every major UK construction project from the Shard to local schools, London’s Olympic village to power stations, Manchester Airport and the Nightingale hospitals.
Part of the Travis Perkins Group, we are a nationwide business that partners with the best brands and brains in the game and work hard to put the right products, services and solutions in one place. It’s our job to make our customers, people and partners proud every day. By supporting customers with the products, services and expertise they need, we ensure their projects are sustainable, safe and have a positive impact on local communities and environments.
JOIN US and you’ll play your part in helping to create modern Britain by shaping our future.
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + discounts and access to health and wellbeing advice and support.
We, at BSS part of the Travis Perkins Group, have a brilliant opportunity for a Regional Sales Account Manager to join an external team to cover the Reading and Swindon area in the South West Region.
You can be located from anywhere in the South West of the UK as this is a field based position, managing your own diary, making sales calls and booking client and potential client visits. As with any sales role, it’s a busy and fast paced business with great benefits, and plenty of opportunities for career progression. Join BSS as Regional Sales Account Manager and share our success and good times with a hard-working, friendly team of people to support you.
Are you looking for a change in career or maybe a new industry? If you're passionate about customer service, sales and teamwork, we want to hear from you. You don't need to know our products, we will teach you through a great on-boarding experience.
Working in this key customer facing role, everything you do is focused on delivering our strategy and nurturing our values.
- You'll drive sales and continually review our products and markets to target new business opportunities within your territory.
- You will build up a network of contacts and customers whilst maintaining excellent communications with key stakeholders in our business.
- You'll also manage an existing customer base whilst maintaining customer satisfaction through regular contact and developing business plans.
- You'll work with branches in your territory to execute action plans and increase sales.
What you’ll need:
- You'll be a confident and well organised individual with great communication skills to maximise our selling opportunities.
- Good time management skills will be essential to drive the business forward by improving performance and sales.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to interpret information will also be key.
- To have worked within a sales or field environment before.
What we offer you:
Join an award winning business and you’ll find a strong team ethos, with a focus on constant learning and development. A truly diverse and inclusive business that welcomes different ideas, perspectives and experience. Somewhere you’ll be listened to and encouraged by people at all levels.
We are an organisation that cares about your physical and mental wellbeing, with support programmes that focus on your individual needs. Most of all, you’ll find a place where you can develop and grow your career, not just in BSS, but the wider Travis Perkins group. You’ll discover your true potential and have a genuine say in our future.
Our working hours also offer a great work life balance - you will work 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Most of our customers choose to enjoy their weekends and bank holidays which means you can too!
- A competitive salary and annual bonus
- Monday - Friday 08:00 - 17:00
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Save-as-you-earn scheme / Buy-as-you-earn scheme / Contributory pension scheme
- Great colleague discounts across a variety of our Group businesses including; 20% off at Toolstation, we also have a number of online discounts at leading retailers from theme parks to eating out and cinemas.
We’re driving to become a truly inclusive employer. We want everyone to be at their best and it’s our ambition that everyone within our Group feels safe, welcome and confident to be their authentic selves.
You be you, it makes us, us.
Roles you may be interested in
At the Travis Perkins Group, we place great importance on creating a culture of learning and development. We understand that as you succeed and progress in your career, this contributes directly
Within the Travis Perkins Group, we have a culture of promoting continuous learning and development. We value our people, and we want them to have the best opportunities available to ensure they are f
Hannah joined us in early 2021 on a Fast-Track Management Apprentice scheme at our BSS branch in Croydon, and she was recently promoted to Warehouse Supervisor. We had a chat with Hannah to find out
Kirti started working at BSS, a business within the Travis Perkins Group three years ago, before the pandemic started. She says she needed a change from her role at the time, and wanted to try somethi
One of the greatest perks about working within the Travis Perkins Group is the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in a variety of areas, even if you have no previous experience in the industry.
Jason was already an experienced HGV driver with over 19 years’ experience before coming to work for BSS. In the last few years whilst working within the Travis Perkins Group, he has enjoyed the many